[SOLVED] Blue screen turned into not booting

Dsella

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2013
PC randomly blue screened while in a game, has happened several times.. turns to restarting and then blue screens again. Same cycle, blue screens a third time.

Now it won't even load into Windows and goes past the BIOS prompt, sits on a black screen with the underscore just flashing over and over.

Any ideas?

Bassplate

Reputable
PC randomly blue screened while in a game, has happened several times.. turns to restarting and then blue screens again. Same cycle, blue screens a third time.

Now it won't even load into Windows and goes past the BIOS prompt, sits on a black screen with the underscore just flashing over and over.

Any ideas?
With every BSOD(Blue screen of death)There should be an error code...Could you remember what was the code or did you not see it....?
Disconnect every other HArdrive you have installed and try booting your Windows directly from the Hardrive in Boot menu in BIOS.

Dsella

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2013
No clue the error code unfortunately.

I clicked DEL to go into BIOS and it kept turning off and rebooting on its own before I could get into anything.

On reboot, clicked F11 to access boot menu, clicked my old SATA SSD with Windows 10 still on it and sat stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" with the Windows logo for a good while.

Unplugged the cord from the PSU & clicked boot menu again.. this time selecting my main M.2 SSD and its sat on just a black screen with the Windows logo and no text.

I have:
1TB M.2 SSD (Main)
Sata SSD
Sata HDD

EDIT: I've powered off & on again and let it go naturally, got to a Windows Preparing Automatic Repair screen again to where it got to "Diagnosing Your PC" and the PC rebooted itself again.

EDIT2: After rebooting itself, it appeared as though Windows was booting and then blue screened again and the code was "INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE"

EDIT3: Now I've gotten another blue screen error of "PROCESS1 INITIALIZATION FAILED" through the course of reboots.... back to Preparing Automatic Repair"....

Last edited:

Bassplate

Reputable
No clue the error code unfortunately.

I clicked DEL to go into BIOS and it kept turning off and rebooting on its own before I could get into anything.

On reboot, clicked F11 to access boot menu, clicked my old SATA SSD with Windows 10 still on it and sat stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" with the Windows logo for a good while.

Unplugged the cord from the PSU & clicked boot menu again.. this time selecting my main M.2 SSD and its sat on just a black screen with the Windows logo and no text.

I have:
1TB M.2 SSD (Main)
Sata SSD
Sata HDD

EDIT: I've powered off & on again and let it go naturally, got to a Windows Preparing Automatic Repair screen again to where it got to "Diagnosing Your PC" and the PC rebooted itself again.

EDIT2: After rebooting itself, it appeared as though Windows was booting and then blue screened again and the code was "INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE"
When your System reboots When you are in BIOS Its defnetly a Faulty Hardrive Or SSD...I know because it happend to me and i could hear the Disk in the Hardrive clicking when the PC restarted on its own.It could also Be and Power issue but i don't think that's the case because your Computer is still able to boot into Windows(Windows repair).
Let the Windows Run its diagnostics and see if Windows itself could Fix its <Mod Edit> :benetton::benetton::benetton:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dsella

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2013
It hasn't. I've gotten to so many variations of diagnostics screens as well as everything else..

I've gotten to Reset your PC where it would reinstall Windows but keep files just to see "There was a problem resetting your PC"

Also saw "Repairing disk errors. This might take more than 1 hour" and that did nothing either..

I'll attempt to unplug the SATA SSD & SATA HDD and see if it will boot on just the M.2

EDIT: Same thing.. just the M2 boot up still gets to a blue screen to say "PROCESS1 INITIALIZATION FAILED"

Will check for replies in the morning. Thanks.

Bassplate

Reputable
It hasn't. I've gotten to so many variations of diagnostics screens as well as everything else..

I've gotten to Reset your PC where it would reinstall Windows but keep files just to see "There was a problem resetting your PC"

Also saw "Repairing Drive. This might take more than 1 hour" and that did nothing either..

I'll attempt to unplug the SATA SSD & SATA HDD and see if it will boot on just the M.2
I think with all this Repairing diagnostics that's going on i think Windows has scripted itself....That's why its running Diagnostics repair all the time and it Fails.
I'll suggest to do a fresh installation of Your Windows 10 :benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton:

Dsella

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2013
Unplugged the M.2 and Windows boots fine from my SATA SSD along with the SATA HDD plugged in.

The SSD was my former boot drive (left Windows on it), but only 250gb so I'd upgraded to a 1TB M.2

Side note: both spare drives were unplugged when Windows10 was installed on the M.2. No boot partitions are on either.

It is a good idea to have only the target drive plugged in when installing windows. Saying that, it does not mean Windows will always install a boot partition on another drive, only that it can happen, so it's best not to have any other drives connected.

OTOH, having two system drives connected at the same time can also be problematic. Have you tried booting from the M.2 drive with the other system drive disconnected? Further, if you have another system drive attached, it is possible the m.2 drive was using the boot partition on the other system drive.

Dsella

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2013
Yes, that is one of the first things I'd tried. I'm relatively good with computers.. just not so much so when it comes to the software side of things.

I unplugged both SATA cables from the motherboard and left just the M.2 plugged in and still encountered blue screen issues. Edited post #5 with results once unplugging both drives.

Is it more likely that the M.2 is bad or Windows has gone and <Mod Edit> itself over the course of doing all of this? Curious on thoughts as for what to do next. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: