[SOLVED] Blue screen using dual channel ram

Oct 17, 2021
I just add new ram in my laptop before it was 1x8 gb and now it is 2x8 gb ram. Both is ddr4 2667 (1333 MHz), For some reason it always blue screen when using both ram but when i use 1 ram each it does not blue screen. I have tried update from windows update, What should i do? Can anyone help me thank you.

Solution
They say it's compatible because it's the right spec for your laptop, that's all they care about. But unless you buy a matched pair there is no guarantee that two sticks of RAM will work together even if they have the same specs. A matched pair (a "kit") will be the same brand, same everything and are supplied together in a single package.

Examples of matched RAM kits: https://www.scan.co.uk/shop/gaming/memory-ram/ddr4-single-dual-channel-3000mhz-plus
I just add new ram in my laptop before it was 1x8 gb and now it is 2x8 gb ram. Both is ddr4 2667 (1333 MHz), For some reason it always blue screen when using both ram but when i use 1 ram each it does not blue screen. I have tried update from windows update, What should i do? Can anyone help me thank you.
Frequency is just one of parameters that have to match to work together well, CL and many other timings as well as RAM architecture and if BIOS can't handle it you get trouble. Laptop BIOS is usually very poor in options.
Best way is to get a matched pair that conforms to QVL.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Oct 17, 2021
Frequency is just one of parameters that have to match to work together well, CL and many other timings as well as RAM architecture and if BIOS can't handle it you get trouble. Laptop BIOS is usually very poor in options.
Best way is to get a matched pair that conforms to QVL.
sorry i dont understand. So what should i do to get this fix?

sorry i dont understand. So what should i do to get this fix?
Get a matched pair of RAM sticks that are listed in QVL (Qualified Vendor List) for your laptop,
Or look at this

They say it's compatible because it's the right spec for your laptop, that's all they care about. But unless you buy a matched pair there is no guarantee that two sticks of RAM will work together even if they have the same specs. A matched pair (a "kit") will be the same brand, same everything and are supplied together in a single package.

Examples of matched RAM kits: https://www.scan.co.uk/shop/gaming/memory-ram/ddr4-single-dual-channel-3000mhz-plus

Reactions: CountMike
Solution
Oct 17, 2021
They say it's compatible because it's the right spec for your laptop, that's all they care about. But unless you buy a matched pair there is no guarantee that two sticks of RAM will work together even if they have the same specs. A matched pair will be the same brand, same everything and are supplied together in a single package.
so theres no way to fix this unless i buy a new ram?