Question Blue screen when I plugged in my transend 1Tb external hard drive

Jul 3, 2019
Hey guys I'm Thomas I need your help. I have a transend hard disk bt ones I plugged in any pc is bring blue screen. I also tried formatting bt before it runs any thing just goes into blue screen bt wen I connect it to a TV I'm able to see all my information bt I cant delete them I need ur help. The error is nt even bring error code. Bt if I scanned the bar code it's taking me some were else. I stack and I dnt know wt to do

Louise Porkolt

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2014
Hi there,

Have you tried plugging it in another PC than your own ? Your PC might have a bad driver (BSOD's come mainly from bad driver, BSOD = BlueScreenOfDeath).
try another PC if it works, try removing the driver from that HDD.

Did you screenshot your pc to look up the Error on the BSOD ? (film with a phone is also ok)

you can retrieve the BSOD message from your eventviewer info.

let us know how you do !

kind regards, Louise..

Jul 3, 2019
Yah I have tried putting in different pc always wen I plugged in it bring blue screen before even opening. At first I thought it was the cable or casing bt I removed the hd but still the same problem. I took the screenshot and also tried following for the problem bt I could not get the exact problem since there was no error code. I also tried putting in window bt it cold not allow booting

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
If you've got a device triggering BSODs on any machine into which it's plugged, it's a pretty safe bet that it is never going to work, anywhere, again.

This sort of behavior from an external storage device is extremely unusual and indicates a serious failure of some type.