Blue screen when in bios

dempy19

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2013
Hello all,

To try and make this as short and to the point as possible after clicking on a nvidia driver update my computer blue screened. After that my computer would completely freeze after approx 2-3 mins after boot into windows.

When trying to restart multiple times, I get 2 different error messages and they are "hk local machine" and "clock watchdog timeout". I tried booting into the bios to get rid of my overclock but the blue screen came up even when I was in bios.

I've read up on the error clock watchdog timeout and I realize that it's most likely a driver issue. But the problem feels like it's something else as soon as I'm getting a blue screen when in bios.

Windows 8.1 Pro is installed

Please help?!?!

Specs are in my signature message at the bottom right.

dempy19

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2013
Thanks for the help community! :/

Turns out I was able to fix it myself. The issue was with the graphics drivers in Device Manager. I uninstalled the display adapters through Device Manager and within 2 minutes, the new drivers were installed automatically on both GPU's and when I restarted my computer everything was working correctly! I hope this helps anyone who may have the same issue.