Blue screen when printing Epson scanner.

jannewarman32

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
Hi everyone.

I have a customer which computer makes a blue screen every time a V370 Epson scanner is plugged on boot with the driver installed.

If the driver is installed but the scanner not connected, no blue screen.
If the scanner is connecter but the driver not installed, no blue screen.

Driver has been downloaded from epson website and SHOULD be compatible with Win10.

When the driver is installed and the scanner connected, after around 30 seconds on the desktop, it goes to a blue screen with PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (usbscan.sys).

I tried to take the usbscan.sys file from a working Win10 virtual machine and copy it the the faulty machine, to no avail.
I tried chkdsk, sfc and dism, both restorehealth and startcompomentcleanup.

So the possible reason is two things, either the file usbscan.sys or file dependant to it are corrupted and therefore Windows should be reinstalled. OR the scanner is simply not compatible with his rig. I'm kinda stuck because I don't have any other brand of scanner to try it, and I'm not reinstalling Windows 10 unless I'm completely sure he is the culprit.

Any idea ? Thanks.

boodaddy

Reputable
Nov 7, 2015

jannewarman32

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013

Thanks for the reply, but I have tried all these, even the windows 7 one. and from what I can see when I look at the list of compatible systems in the driver tab, it's the same driver for everyone.