Blue screen when ram is set to XMP

T3chmaN

Reputable
May 7, 2014
Hi!

I have a problem with my RAM, whenever I set the memory to the XMP profile, I get a blue screen whenever I try to start a game.

On the "auto" settings my ram is running on lower settings than it should - 1333Mhz instead of 1600Mhz. My ram is 2x Kingston HyperX KHX1600C7D3X1K2/4GX, that's 4x2GB. I checked the voltage, and it scales accordingly to the XMP profiles 1,65V, when it runs on "auto" the ram has 1,5V.

My specification is as follows:

- i7 4790K
- Asus z97 Pro gamer
- 4x2GB Kingston HyperX
- R9 280x
- Agility 3 SSD
- Corsair CX750M
- WD Black 500GB

Can anyone suggest a solution for this?

T3chmaN

Reputable
May 7, 2014
Ok - so the problems are back, so I'm back with more questions :D

@Tradesman1 - I got 2 sets of KHX1600C7D3X1K2/4GX

Everything was working fine for some time when I manually set the ram to 1600. No matter what I tried the XMP profile would not work. Yesterday my PC started to throw up a lot of different Blue Screens some of those were: "System_Service_Exeption", Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area", and two others that were too fast for me to read... I Booted up memtest, and after 1 pass I got two RAM errors - tried to test which stick is the faulty one, but on each i had the same result. I've set the speed to "auto" - that made the RAM work on 1300Mhz, and there were no more errors or blue screens!

I really don't know what to do next with this, any ideas?

PS. I have contacted Kingston, and they will take the ram to test, and replace if it's faulty, but I don't have any spare memory, and I need my PC more than the additional 300Mhz, so I want to try every possible solution before sending the memory back.