Blue Screen while installing Hd 7950's graphic driver

bananatiger

Honorable
Feb 3, 2017
My pc just Blue Screen while installing Hd 7950's graphic driver. Tried other driver and it just do the same. On win 8.1 64 bit, a6 6400k, ddr3 ram and fm2 a58m vg3+ r2.0 motherboard. Pardon my description as Im tired of troubleshooting my pc for almost a day now

bananatiger

Honorable
Feb 3, 2017
Uninstalling the driver using DDU in safe mode and reinstalling my OS was the first thing I did when I first encountered this but it does not fix the problem. Ill try the other 2 methods you mentioned above later as I havent tried it as I dont think my HDD had a bad sector or any defects. Will get back to you after I tried the the methods above.

toshibitsu

Distinguished
Another thing is that the 7950 is a 6 year old card now. Depending on how much it's been used(or how it may have been stored), the thermal paste on it could be pretty worn out. If you feel comfortable doing so, I'd say you may as well replace it(especially since you're planning to continue using it).

bananatiger

Honorable
Feb 3, 2017
Forgot to tell you that I love my equipment and always took care of them, I clean it up so dust cant build up, check for defects and apply thermal paste every now and then. Im guessing that my 7950 is nearing its time so might just be that. If I still cant fix the problem Im gonna try baking it for last resort.