Blue screen while loading into windows.

LightningsalesUK

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2013
So I just finished putting together a small re-purposed item build and it works fine however when I try to load into windows it blue screens near the end of the booting animation.
The blue screen probably last a tenth of a second and displays no technical information or error codes.

What it does say is:

a problem has been detected and windows shutdown to prevent damage to your computer
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart your computer. If this screen appears again follow these steps:
check for viruses on your computer. remove newly installed drives or hard drives. check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated.

Solution
Did you reinstall the operating system with the new hardware components? Or is all of the hardware the same that was installed when the system was last used? If you plug in new hardware to an old operating system install there will likely be havok with driver compatibility.

If not that, then it sounds like you have a hardware component that's going bad or not playing nice with your current hardware config.

Unplug all of the hardware you don't need to boot up and use only one stick of ram. If the issue reoccurs switch ram sticks to see if you have a bad stick of ram.

I have a hunch its one of these, likely the first issue.
Did you reinstall the operating system with the new hardware components? Or is all of the hardware the same that was installed when the system was last used? If you plug in new hardware to an old operating system install there will likely be havok with driver compatibility.

If not that, then it sounds like you have a hardware component that's going bad or not playing nice with your current hardware config.

Unplug all of the hardware you don't need to boot up and use only one stick of ram. If the issue reoccurs switch ram sticks to see if you have a bad stick of ram.

I have a hunch its one of these, likely the first issue.

Solution