Blue screen while playing video games

RyuAkime

Reputable
Jun 1, 2015
Hello! So my problem is that somehow when i'm playing Counter Strike GO, The Witcher 3 or a game i just played today (5 min) Middle-earth - Shadow of Mordor, my computer crashes and has a blue screen. Then i need to wait like 5 seconds so it restarts automaticly.

This is really annoying, i don't know if it is my RAM or what. My best bet would be my Hard Drive, since the electricity in my house goes down alot of times. Maybe it went down more then 50 times, not sure. I just wanted to be sure before i buy anything. Would someone help me?

Thanks in advance!!

* My brother works in a store where they buy Hard Drives and other stuff. He used a program to test my HD and he said he wouldn't buy it, because it has some problems. Some times it's speed is at 100mb/s and from a moment to another it goes down to 2mb/s.

* EDIT: SETUP

RAM : 8GB
CPU : Intel Core i5-3570K @4.20GHz
GPU : MSI GTX670 Power Edition
Motherboard : MSI Z68A-GD65 G3

My whole gear is overclocked.

Solution

Sorry i meant have you tried clocking your gear back to stock speeds?

lukej92

Reputable
Apr 20, 2015

1. Have you updated to the latest drivers?
2. Have you run memtest on your ram sticks?
3. Have you tried reverting back to stock everything to see if the problem continues?

As you said your brother tested the hard drive and it had problems it is most likely the hard drive but i would test these few things out first just to be sure

RyuAkime

Reputable
Jun 1, 2015
1. Yes, i just updated my graphics card driver's today. This has been happening for a while, almost a year i think.
2. Nope, i was about to. I'll do it later and update the post, thanks for the suggestion!
3. I've formated my computer more then 3 times, last time being in April.

Thank you so much for your help, i'll update the post as soon as i have news.

lukej92

Reputable
Apr 20, 2015

Sorry i meant have you tried clocking your gear back to stock speeds?

Solution

RyuAkime

Reputable
Jun 1, 2015

Damn , i'm so dumb, i'm sorry, english is not what i'm best at!

I'll try it tommorow, thanks for the advice! Btw , this is what the memtest gave me :

iNq3tVx.jpg

The program said the "Press ESC to continue..." before it went through the whole test, but i waited until it finished.
After a while it scanned all the memories again (i guess) and reseted back to test 1 . Not sure if i should've just let it keep going, but there you go. If i should wait until it stops completly and says something else let me know so i do it again tommorow!

*Btw, where it says "Iterations" it was sometimes higher number (80) and sometimes a lower number.

Once again, thank you so much for helping with this problem.
Best regards!

*Edit : Maybe i should've said this earlier, i've got 2x 4GB RAMs

**Update : I've been playing for 2/3 hours. Usually one game of CS GO was enough to get a blue screen. Hopefuly it stays this way xD . If i get a bluescreen i'll update. Thank you for your help, once again!

**Update 2: Played till now and not a single problem! Well, who would've guessed that was the problem (or might be) .