Blue Screen with two simms installed

Hankenstein

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
Gigabyte GA-X87X-D3H with Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz (2 x8Gb modules) and i7 4770 4th Gen Socket 1150. This build is one week old and just started bombing out yesterday. Got so bad that it wouldn't boot up. Pulled one of the simms and everything OK; Changed out with the other one and everything OK, but when both are in, I get the blue screen. Not sure what the problem might be, since it worked great for one week. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I use this machine for recording music.
Kind regards, Hank

Hankenstein

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
Thanks, I won't be able to test the simms on another machine; but the tech at work loaned me a set of 1Gb / 400Mhz simms to test in the slot; I will try that.

I will also try to make a copy of the minidump file. Do I just do a cut-and paste here? (I am not a pro at this....just enough to cause trouble!)

Regards,
Hank

joesklar

Honorable
Sep 17, 2013

Be careful as to the type of RAM that you are using in the system. Make sure that it is DDR3 DIMM.

To post your minidump file, you will have to host it on a file sharing website such as dropbox or 2shared, then post the link here on the forum.

Best of luck.

Hankenstein

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
Thanks all for your suggestions! My IT buddy loaned me a couple of 1G-DDR3-400Mhz sticks for test. Everything worked OK; no more blue screen, just a little slow. I exchanged the sticks yesterday for a couple of Patriot DDR3-1600-8Gig (each) and everything is up and flying! Ran them for several hours with no issues.

PS: I love the Cooler Master mid-sized case; looks great in the studio. It's 17" wide case lends itself well to sliding into a 19" rack, and is super easy to work on.

Kind regards,
Hank

TRENDING THREADS