Question Blue Screen

shanyin37

Honorable
May 23, 2017
I keep getting the blue screen of death on Windows 10. I think I may have a Virus but do not know how to use Windows Security Anti Virus. It does not give me the option of scanning for viruses that I can see. Please help.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site,
and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

I think I may have a Virus but do not know how to use Windows Security Anti Virus.

Do you mean Defender? i only use this site as they make clear instructions - https://www.dummies.com/computers/p...nder dialog,computer and reports any findings.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I thought they were fairly clear as they were?

Can you follow option one on the following link - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-configure-windows-10-create-minidump-bsod.html

and on the same page, do this step labelled - Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

then once you get another BSOD, it will create a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. copy that file to documents
  2. upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site,
  3. and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

Colif

Win 11 Master
I been busy myself so take your time

1. Open Windows File Explorer
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

shanyin37

Honorable
May 23, 2017
I have the file in one drive. I clicked the blue checkmark in the corner, then clicked share and it said link settings. I tried some things but still I have no link. In other words I don't know how to use one drive.

Colif

Win 11 Master
The errors are pretty random, not common as such, 5 bsod in a month.

last error is lan drivers.

BSOD normally not so obvious
It mentions NETIIO.sys, AFD.sys & tcpip.sys, all parts of windows used for internet or network
netio.sys = network input output driver
afd.sys ancillary function driver for winsock
tcpip.sys - transmission control protocol/internet protocil

update realtek drivers, 4th link under windows here - https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software

rest of the errors aren't as clear. Or tell me much at all. its always possible they all have same cause.

update ryzen master - open program, go to settings and click update.
webcam drivers are as up to date as you can get, 2012.

TRENDING THREADS