Blue Screened while gaming, now infinite boot cycle. Please Help!

Helpmeisuck

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013
I was playing Skyrim, and out of no where, my computer spawns blue dots all over it and it froze.
Since it was unresponsive, I was left with no choice but to do a system reboot.
Unfortunately I cannot boot windows, because it restarts itself EVERY time.
I CAN boot in safe mode and I have tried numerous things:
Doing a system restore
Uninstalling some drivers
Checking for hardware issues
System Repair
Msconfig
Eventviewer

And still, I cannot boot my computer normally. If it boots in safe mode, it must be a startup service no?
I thought it was my $400 graphics card, and I nearly cried
I do not want to do a full system reset...I have 300GB of data that I am UNABLE TO BACK UP (Because I have no external hard drive) and if I lose my data, I think I will just not use it anymore.
It is NOT bad memory, because it can boot in safe mode
It does not seem to be any hardware issues
I am doing a virus scan now to see if it is a virus cause this trouble

BTW in event viewer, it says it was a kernel error, if you would like I can try and give you details, but its a pain in the ass considering everything in safe mode looks effed up and the text windows do not format properly.

PLEASE!

CDdude55

Distinguished
Did you trying using the sfc /scannow command in a command prompt while you were in safe mode?(it checks Windows file integrity). Also it doesn't hurt to check memory even if you think it's unlikely, give memtest a run and see if it picks up anything.

Also if you can, run a HDD test using hirens boot CD: http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd plus it's got a bunch of other diagnostic tools you could use possibily in the future.

Helpmeisuck

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013
Okay so I have tried everyone's suggestions.
The problem was not my memory nor my hard drive.
So I reinstalled windows on the same hard drive and it worked fine!
HOWEVER, when I installed my graphics card drivers it started doing it again!
I tried 3 different drivers all with the same result..../

So the problem is my graphics card....
However, it works on standard resolution, so it must be that it cannot handle 1900x1080 anymore?
Is it a bad PCIex16?
Maybe something wrong with the power supply?
My graphics card is a gtx 670 ftw 4gb.... any info on this strange problem would be great...

Helpmeisuck

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013
intel i7 3770k
Asus P8Z77-V Motherboard
GTX 670 FTW Edition 4GB VRAM
Western Digital 1TB Harddrive Green
24GB DDR3 1333 G.SKILLS RAM
600w OCZ StealthSteam Power Supply
Wifi GO Adapter
Mid Tower Case NZXT Phantom

Bear in mind that everything was working perfectly until last week, so it's possible it is a hardware failure....I guess it is the motherboard, because I can still get image from the gtx 670

card could be toast. you have the over clocked version. try under clocking the video cards memory and processor. what happens?

also, i would try disabling driver updates and windows auto updates. then I would uninstall the card from the device manager, reboot, and then go to windows update after the card is found, nowhere else. then see what happens. ( don't install drivers from anywhere else. )

Helpmeisuck

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013
Hey I think I have figured out the problem...My card is fine, it was the motherboard. More specifically the PCIex16 port must have been damaged some how.
I put in my new 850w modular plus gold Raidmax power supply and put the card in the other port. I booted up with the drivers installed and it works great!
However....this ruins my chances of future sli I planning, I got the power supply I installed for that...
Is there a way to fix the port, or will I have to but a whole other motherboard...?

Helpmeisuck

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013
EDIT: Nevermind, It started doing it again...
Probably the card, although it only does this with the drivers installed, I can use it without it, but that kinda defeats the purpose of the damn graphics card....DAMMIT
$450 down the drain

sunyalfa

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
its the board
strangely so, i have a similar problem and at times the board stops detecting my main HDD. i
have already replaced 2 HDDs in the impression they were faulty.
but now when i searched for a solution on google
i finf many people having problems with this board =/