Question Blue screening with a Ryzen 3600x at stock speeds

alexbarrett414

Reputable
Aug 12, 2017
PC Specs
Gigabyte AB350m Gaming 3
Ryzen 3600x at 3.8ghz at 1.45v (Stock speed and auto voltage)
RAM (4 dims) 16gb 2666mhz
Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6gb

So I got my new 3600x and after installing it into my PC, it will post, login to Windows, then after a few minutes after loading my startup programs it will blue screen. I haven't even started overclocking and have only changed the clock speed and voltage of my RAM. I downloaded the F42a BIOS for the mobo obviously cause that would make the mobo compatible with the latest series of Ryzen, but I feel like the B350 chipset itself is the problem and I wanted to ask here to make sure.

TL;DR: Even with the latest F42a BIOS on my motherboard, is the newest series of Ryzen not very compatible with the B350 chipset, thus causing crashes?

CosmicDance

Notable
Jun 11, 2019
Try testing the RAM with Windows Memory Checker.
Also try booting it with just one stick at a time and seeing if you still get the BSOD.
You will need to insert a single stick into the appropriate slot so have a look in your motherboard's manual for this info.

Andy

alexbarrett414

Reputable
Aug 12, 2017
Try testing the RAM with Windows Memory Checker.
Also try booting it with just one stick at a time and seeing if you still get the BSOD.
You will need to insert a single stick into the appropriate slot so have a look in your motherboard's manual for this info.

Andy
I'll try that, thanks. I also just recently tried booting with my previous cpu, a Ryzen 1200 and the same problem happened. I reset the bios and flashed a previous version (F31) and that seemed to fix the BSOD problem with the 1200, but the problem persists even when I use the earliest Ryzen 5 compatible bios, F40. Could it maybe be the fact that I have a B350 and not a 450? I'll leave that there for now and I'll try your suggestion in a little bit.