Dec 6, 2020
Hi, I have some problems with my ram I keep getting blue screens once in a while when I'm on chrome, edge, or opera I always get the memory management error but never get it while gaming but I do get crashes once in a while in fortnite while using dx 12, I read some possible problems and tried verifying my ram so I ran the windows memory diagnostic and when the test completed it said I had hardware problems but I am in doubt of that because my ram only has about a year of usage and I have only done xmp profile on them. My pc specs are i7 6700, Rtx 2080, ram 32gb corsair vengeance rgb pro 3200mhz cl16, motherboard msi pro-a z290, 750w GQ EVGA powersupply, and 500gb samsung 860 evo sata ssd. I am currently in 16 gb of ram testing them out but I still get blue screens while being in a web page. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Solution
Thank you a lot, I dont know much about xmp or overclocking can I change the mhz later without moving voltage? I don't want to mess up anything

Yeah you can. You just turn on XMP and change the speed manually from auto to the speed you want from the drop down list.
I have not tried enough I did have it disabled couple of hours but turned it back on, I am going to try disabling them again and see If I get any BSOD. Thank you.

RAM can get finicky. It depends on your CPU and the motherboard and the RAM. Your CPU can support 2133MHz RAM but we all know that people can use XMP and use the advertised speed of the RAM you buy but not always. Sometime when you use 4 sticks of RAM you can't get the advertised speed because of the stress on the CPU memory controller. Sometime you can't use XMP properly because the RAM is not in the QVL list.

Try without XMP and if you don't have BSOD turn XMP on again and try 2400MHz. Then 2600MHz etc.

Reactions: Takato1
Dec 6, 2020
RAM can get finicky. It depends on your CPU and the motherboard and the RAM. Your CPU can support 2133MHz RAM but we all know that people can use XMP and use the advertised speed of the RAM you buy but not always. Sometime when you use 4 sticks of RAM you can't get the advertised speed because of the stress on the CPU memory controller. Sometime you can't use XMP properly because the RAM is not in the QVL list.

Try without XMP and if you don't have BSOD turn XMP on again and try 2400MHz. Then 2600MHz etc.
Thank you a lot, I dont know much about xmp or overclocking can I change the mhz later without moving voltage? I don't want to mess up anything