Commendable
Nov 24, 2017
My Computer:
Proc: Intel I5 8400
MB: MSI Tomahawk Z370
RAM: 2x8 GB Ballistic Ellite
Power Supply: EVGA BQ600W
HDD: Samsung Evo Plus 970 and Kingston M.2. 120 GB

Hi, i'm becoming crazy since two days ago. Everything started with random Destiny 2 freezes (No Blue screens of death, from now on, BSOD).

I was having the same windows 10 install for 3 years, and Google Chrome was faulty lately aswell, with random failures when watching Youtube or Netflix, no BSOD tho.

So I decided to reinstall win 10 from scratch, to run a new clean installation. First problem occured when loading the pendrive official win10 install tool (64 bit version), before loading the screen where you pick the Windows 7 version (first screen), it was crashing into a BSOD, with sys32kfull.sys error. I kept trying and it finally installed. But after that, I tried to install Chrome again, it did execute on the tasks window, but nothing more happened, not appearing on screen or whatsoever, and it was 0 resources consuption, so I installed Firefox, no problems. Then Steam was crashing after the install, when I try to run it and it tried to seach for updates, a BSOD happens 9 out of 10 times, on the tenth one, I can play Destiny 2 for example, and nothing was happening. Then more weird things startede to happen too, MSI Live Update will crash into BSOD when trying to install it. Windows Updates sometimes where giving error on install, but they would install after rebooting.

The proccess I've followed, was try new ram, cos looked like a ram issue. Stills happening. Issolated the 3 different HDDs to install, I mean, I tryed to run win10 install on each one, being only that dis connected (I have 120GB Kingston M.2, Samsung Evo 980 M.2 and Western Digital SATA). Crashes on firstscreen install still happening, and if I made it to install the system, same stuff I described happens aswell. I tryed another Power Supply (I used a EVGA BQ600W bronce plus last3 years no problem), now I tryed a Tacens Mars 700 one. Stills the same. Then I tested both my I5 8400 with intel tool, 0 errors. Then my MSI 1070Ti with Fumark, 0 errors aswell (and computer didnt crash). Ran memtest86, 4 cicles, no errors in two diferent tryes. Disconnected and cleaned the whole Mother board, and updated the bios. Stills happening the same. Finally I tryed another energy plug on the wall (for if it was faulty), and problems persisted.

I think it will be the Motherboard, but its weird cos its like it works perfect, but it randomly crashes, and it updated the bios no problem. Maybesome component is faulty due to a past energy peak, and now its causing a malfunction sometimes, I dont know.

I hope anyone can point me in the right direction, because in my whole life, I never run into a story like this, and I worked with loads of computers in the past.

I leave a link to the last installation dump file (It should only contain BSOD after trying to install MSI Live update). Cheers, and thanks for anyone who tryes to help me.

DUMP: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n2osacw0siybi6k/MEMORY.DMP?dl=0

Ralston18

Titan
First thought: That 120 GB Kingston M.2 is too small.

Second thought: You may not be "waiting long enough". Windows installs are likely to immediately begin trying to do various updates and if you or the installed apps are also trying to install updates all may go astray very quickly especially if some update is buggy, corrupted, or out-of-date.

Start over with a full clean install per the following using a 240 GB+ boot drive.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

Get Windows fully up to date and working as expected. Then, one-by-one start loading apps, browsers, utilities, etc..

hvit_ulver

Commendable
Nov 24, 2017
First thought: That 120 GB Kingston M.2 is too small.

Second thought: You may not be "waiting long enough". Windows installs are likely to immediately begin trying to do various updates and if you or the installed apps are also trying to install updates all may go astray very quickly especially if some update is buggy, corrupted, or out-of-date.

Start over with a full clean install per the following using a 240 GB+ boot drive.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

Get Windows fully up to date and working as expected. Then, one-by-one start loading apps, browsers, utilities, etc..

I agree with your second point of waiting a little. Maybe I should wait for windows update to install every update, but I find 240GB for win 10 too much. This 3 years I ve been using that Kinstom, and it never went up from 90 GB used (Im not the kind of person who installs and desisntalls constantly). Now I will use the Samsung tho, because its newer, and way more faster. But... 240GB for just the OS... I think its too much, maybe 150 its fine.

I will run a new Install and follow your tips. Will answer when its done. Thank you tho.

Edit: Same story, I plug the pendrive, select as boot primary, and when it tries to load,the BSOD comes. "STOP CODE: System service exception".

Last edited: