Jun 6, 2021
I'm fairly new to PC gaming so I apologize if I am not too familiar with what's going on but recently when I've been playing games on my PC it will either completely crash my computer or have a blue screen and then crash. It started happening when all of a sudden I was playing Payday 2 and it just blue screened on me after stuttering for a few seconds. I opened the game again and it just kept on doing it. I also tried Just Cause 3 and it did the same thing. I also tried a smaller game like Binding of Isaac but it didn't do it with that for some reason. i'm kind of scrambling on what to do since I don't really know what the issue is but I would appreciate any help that can be given. Here are my specs!

Radeon R9 290x
I5 4690k
8 gb of ram
Windows 10.

Lutfij

Titan
BIOS version for your motherboard? Speaking of which what is the make and model of your motherboard? Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Might want to source a reliably built PSU from a friend or neighbor who owns a PSU with at least 750W of power for the entire system to rule out your unit as faulty or failing. By crash, you mean the system reboots or that the games crash to desktop?

signorigianmario

Reputable
Mar 23, 2018
Hello there. The problem might be the power supply, probably providing less voltage to the key components than needed. BSOD's can be caused by a CPU not getting enough power to pull out what the game requires, the instant power cut-off tells me that it is a PSU fault. Might be also a motherboard issue, but that's less probable. Try another power supply for your components, try the same games with the same settings and see if the computer is still unstable.

Awaiting further replies.