Blue screens when trying to install Windows 7 and install drivers

coledesgagnes

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013
I recently wiped my computer completely clean. When installing Windows 7 Home Premium again I am running into difficulties. Namely several blue screens are happening (during installation it has happened several times as well while installing drivers - motherboard and graphics card) and an error message saying that the download was interrupted when installing drivers and once trying to install Firefox. In this process I wiped it again, for a second time to see if the problems would cease. However they continue to happen and I have no idea why.

I have reason to believe that it not a software issue based off the fact that the problems are happening after a fresh install. That leads me to thinking that it something hardware related. Perhaps the hard drive? I don't really have any idea where to start.

Some background knowledge to the problem:
Computer specs
Motherboard - Gigabyte 78LMT-S2P
Graphics Card - MSI R6850 PMDIGD5
Power Supply - OCZ Technology Mod X Stream-Pro 700w
Ram - Mushkin Enhanced
Processor - AMD Bulldozer FX-8150 3.1 Ghz
Hard drive - 590657-001 Hitachi 750gb 7200rpm

The computer is a custom build that my local computer shop assembled for me. The hard drive came from an old HP computer of mine that I transferred over to this new build.

I also purchased a burnt copy of Windows 7x64 SPI from the computer shop as well and used my previous computers product key to activate it since I did not receive a Windows 7 CD with the purchase of my previous computer.

All help is appreciated and I can provide further information or pictures if requested. Thanks a lot

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Can run CHKDSK /R from the command prompt as administrator to check the hard drive, can also downlowad the drivers and programs and then try installing direct from the harddrive, would suggest getting the LAN driver updated first, also make sure your mobo has the latest BIOS, chances are it doesn't