Question Blue screens

Aug 24, 2019
Hello guys so i bought another 8gb memory ddr4 same as the old one but different color,but i cant get it to work,i have different errors with blue screen everytime i swap or place it in the correct order. Any ideea ? mobo is asus z370 pro both rams are ballistix sport lt 2400mhz cl16 one is grey and the last one i bought is red with same 2400mhz,ddr4 cl16 Lt.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
i bought another 8gb memory ddr4 same as the old one but different color
This could very well be your problem.

RAM modules are ONLY guaranteed in the form sold (from the same pack) regardless as to the make / model / timings / voltages etc. This is because the manufacturing process changes frequently, so the 2 modules can never be guaranteed to work well with one another.

The "ensuring the specs are the same" is only a way of trying to minimise risk, not eliminating it. And even then, you can buy 2 identical modules in spec, and they may not work together. Even if you tried the same modules in an identical system (same MB / CPU etc.). They may work on one, and not the other.

Not saying they never work, just it's a 50/50 gamble, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, and this might be your case. It's why it's best practice to always buy a whole new pack when upgrading RAM.

Does each RAM module work individually by itself?
Have you verified it's not just the new module that is faulty?

Reactions: Cristinnell
Aug 24, 2019

RAM modules are ONLY guaranteed in the form sold (from the same pack) regardless as to the make / model / timings / voltages etc. This is because the manufacturing process changes frequently, so the 2 modules can never be guaranteed to work well with one another.

The "ensuring the specs are the same" is only a way of trying to minimise risk, not eliminating it. And even then, you can buy 2 identical modules in spec, and they may not work together. Even if you tried the same modules in an identical system (same MB / CPU etc.). They may work on one, and not the other.

Not saying they never work, just it's a 50/50 gamble, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, and this might be your case. It's why it's best practice to always buy a whole new pack when upgrading RAM.

I Never tryed the new one alone, i will and come with a reply after. Thanks

Reactions: PC Tailor
Aug 24, 2019

So yea i try it on every slot it dosent work neither 2 bluescreens and 2 times the pc didnt boot i had blackscreen, i guess its faulty so i will send it back,and buy only 1 of 16gb is that good? or do i need 2x 8gb? Thanks

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
So yea i try it on every slot it dosent work neither 2 bluescreens and 2 times the pc didnt boot i had blackscreen, i guess its faulty so i will send it back,and buy only 1 of 16gb is that good? or do i need 2x 8gb? Thanks
2x8 is significantly better.
Double the bandwidth.

As I said, not that mixed modules never work, it's just a gamble. But just had to identify if it was actually the mixing causing the problem, or the module itself, if it simply doesn't work with just that module then just return the module.

Reactions: Cristinnell
Aug 24, 2019
2x8 is significantly better.
Double the bandwidth.

As I said, not that mixed modules never work, it's just a gamble. But just had to identify if it was actually the mixing causing the problem, or the module itself, if it simply doesn't work with just that module then just return the module.
Yes im gonna do that on monday, any ideea what should i buy to dont get like this anymore ? my mobo is a asrock z370 Pro 4,what ram should i go ? I want 16gb no more. thanks :D