Noah Weston

Prominent
Jul 31, 2019
image0.jpg

Every time I turn on my pc after leaving it off for a bit I have these lines come up on my screen. They can only really be seen on dark backgrounds but not on pure black. In about 10 mins, the lines disappear and the screen is basically normal. This is an Asus FX505DT with the R73750H, GTX 1650, 8gb DDR4 and a 120hz 1920x1080 Screen. I bought this laptop 4 weeks ago, and the problem came up a week ago. I treat the laptop like a baby, so I couldnt have caused it. I also dont want to do a return, as I live in a country where shipping costs are very extreme, and I frankly cant afford to ship it anywhere. I've tried resetting the laptop, calling asus support, where they made me reset the hardware by holding the power button down for 60 seconds. So, I wanna hear from you guys! What do you think could be causing this, and what do you think I should to to fix it? Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Dave8671

Distinguished
Sorry I been away

Have you looked for a update to the gpu driver? This issue is common with this laptop on the web. The only solution would be try removing and updating the gpu driver from the manufacturers website. I have linked the page.

Driver page

Process would be

Download gpu update and the hotfix.

Remove current driver installed

Install new driver than the hotfix.

If this fails to fix the issue than its the display, That laptop should have a warranty for a year at least.

Last edited: