Blue Snowball ICE microphone stopped working out of nowhere

Nick7733qp

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017
My Blue Snowball ICE is not working. Whenever I plug it in the red LED light on the front lights up but it will not show in my device manager (with "show hidden devices" on) and my sound control panel says No Input Devices Found. The mic was working perfectly fine last night and I didn't change anything. I tried plugging it into my laptop and it works just fine but not on my PC. I have tried both USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports.

Ralston18

Titan
First of all: what is the meaning of the red LED? Check the applicable User Guide/Manual.

Second: It does appear that the microphone still works per your laptop test. Good work there.

My question is what version of Windows is installed on your PC? Any known updates or other changes?

Does not seem to be a physical issue/failure. That leaves two other possibilities: configuration or software/driver.

You did not change anything. So look for something that may have changed itself. E.g., some recent update.

And, if you have Windows 10 - run the built in troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and/or fix something.

Nick7733qp

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017

The red LED is just a little light on the front of the mic to indicate that it is on, it is never any other color

The version of Windows I currently have installed is Windows 10 Pro Version 1803

The built in troubleshooter says The device does not appear to be plugged in, but it clearly is fully plugged in on both ends of the cable

Nick7733qp

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017

I ended up taking the mic apart and found one of the wires were loose, I put it back how its supposed to be and now it's working just fine :) Thanks for the suggestions