redwingslv

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2004
Hi. I'm going to be purchasing a new system as follows:

DFI Lanparty UT NF3 250gb, Athlon 3400+ Newcastle, FSP Blue Storm 500W, (x3) 160gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA drives (1 for OS, other two for RAID 0 - video editing scratch disk, etc. Possible upgrade to 4th Seagate to RAID 0+1 down the road)

Just read that Blue Storm only has 2 SATA connectors? Can I buy a splitter or some other connector to hook up all 3 drives, or should I just look at another PSU?

If I can use a splitter or some dual connector, will that hurt performace/efficency of the PSU and if so, could it lead to stability issues with my system?

redwingslv

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2004
Thanks, just checked those out. Seems like that will be okay, I was just worried about power loss or something. Just confusing, SATA power cables, SATA data cables, 4 pin molex, ughhh!! I just want to make sure when my system arrives, I don't have to run out and blow $20 for a stupid adapter at the local comp store (never buy from them!) Thanks!

arnold873

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005
most MB`s come with splitters for extra sata as well as many other extrqa connectors. If not you can get extra splitters. as far as hurting the blue storm, this thing comes with tons of connectors, you will be ok, you will not hurt it. keep in mind you can always get the blue storm 560w if your nervous. ithink its like 10$ more but i think you will be ok

SUPPORT AMD. KICK INTEL OUT OF YOUR PC.