[SOLVED] Blue thick line in display

Aug 4, 2021
I started helping an international project that uses voluntiers computers for helping huge calculations. It uses part of the CPU and GPU. Suddenly it appeard a blue thick line in the right corner of one of my displays (the one connected with VGA cable) the other connected through a HDMI cable is perfect. Is it possible that the GPU was jappardized by this procedure ? I have a jpg, how can I send it ?

Solution
I assume this project would either be mining or folding@home, i guess… either way, it could damage your vram and cause artifacts if you aren’t careful…

but if you say that it doesnt happen with a different display then i guess you just have a bad cable or display.
I started helping an international project that uses voluntiers computers for helping huge calculations. It uses part of the CPU and GPU. Suddenly it appeard a blue thick line in the right corner of one of my displays (the one connected with VGA cable) the other connected through a HDMI cable is perfect. Is it possible that the GPU was jappardized by this procedure ? I have a jpg, how can I send it ?

Are we assuming this line did not go away after a reboot? Did you test things with different connection types, different display?

Jmi20

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020
I assume this project would either be mining or folding@home, i guess… either way, it could damage your vram and cause artifacts if you aren’t careful…

but if you say that it doesnt happen with a different display then i guess you just have a bad cable or display.

Solution
Aug 4, 2021

Yes, it is folding@home...
I have two expanded displays connected to the same board NVIDIA Geforce GT 710 (to have more information on screen. One connected to VGA output ( the one with the problem ) and the other conected to HDMI. Probably I damaged the vram, afecting the VGA output. I´ll try with another monitor. Thank you

Aug 4, 2021

Yes, it is folding@home...
I have two expanded displays connected to the same board NVIDIA Geforce GT 710 (to have more information on screen. One connected to VGA output ( the one with the problem ) and the other conected to HDMI. Probably I damaged the vram, afecting the VGA output. I´ll try with another monitor. Thank you

I tested with anoter monitor and the problem is a bad display. This, I believe is caused by age, not anything else, what do you think ?