[SOLVED] Blue Tint Screen after connecting VGA to DVI-D adapter convertor to Brand New Graphic Card!

Feb 16, 2020
Okay so, today when I used my old graphic card (Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1gb) with VGA-DVI connector it worked just fine!

Today I got brand new unpacked graphic card (ASUS Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Advenced 4gb Cerberus), and after realizing I don't have DVI-D connector to put my VGA cabl to the only DVI-D port the card have, I jumped to the store and buyed one. I got home, connected VGA to the adapter convertor or whatever it is, I got picture, but I have some sort of blue-ish screen...

I tried installing old drivers, didn't help. Tried to re-seat graphic card, didn't worked. I put my monitor setting on default, didn't worked.

I forgot to mention that my monitor is old and it is Philips 220E.

Im running out of ideas, tomorrow i'll try VGA-HDMI thing, if that doesn't help, I'll plug on my friends new monitor and go directly for HDMI-HDMI.

If anyone had experience with this, or know how to potentially help me now, I would be so grateful! Cheers!

Solution
IF UR STILL HAVEN PROBLEMS- if ur motherboard has 2 GPU slots,take ur Card out and put it in the other slot. If doesn't help and board an desperate, u should put ur old card back in and if its working fine. Then I would while using ur old graphics card,go in to ur setting and completely disconnect it...then put ur new graphic card in and go back to Nvidia website and resync in install that card. Reason why I'm say this is bc I had some problems like this when I bought the Nvidia rtx2060 .....my old card wasn't...there's some brands that work together and somethat don't..so I had to put my old card back in,switch a setting in the computer from that brand of card to Nvidia...theres like to or 3 differnt chooses. Sorry been to long...
Oct 13, 2020
Okay so, today when I used my old graphic card (Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1gb) with VGA-DVI connector it worked just fine!

Today I got brand new unpacked graphic card (ASUS Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Advenced 4gb Cerberus), and after realizing I don't have DVI-D connector to put my VGA cabl to the only DVI-D port the card have, I jumped to the store and buyed one. I got home, connected VGA to the adapter convertor or whatever it is, I got picture, but I have some sort of blue-ish screen...

I tried installing old drivers, didn't help. Tried to re-seat graphic card, didn't worked. I put my monitor setting on default, didn't worked.

I forgot to mention that my monitor is old and it is Philips 220E.

Im running out of ideas, tomorrow i'll try VGA-HDMI thing, if that doesn't help, I'll plug on my friends new monitor and go directly for HDMI-HDMI.

If anyone had experience with this, or know how to potentially help me now, I would be so grateful! Cheers!
IF UR STILL HAVEN PROBLEMS- if ur motherboard has 2 GPU slots,take ur Card out and put it in the other slot. If doesn't help and board an desperate, u should put ur old card back in and if its working fine. Then I would while using ur old graphics card,go in to ur setting and completely disconnect it...then put ur new graphic card in and go back to Nvidia website and resync in install that card. Reason why I'm say this is bc I had some problems like this when I bought the Nvidia rtx2060 .....my old card wasn't...there's some brands that work together and somethat don't..so I had to put my old card back in,switch a setting in the computer from that brand of card to Nvidia...theres like to or 3 differnt chooses. Sorry been to long dont Remember better directions cause I was following steps from a utube video on how to switch card Brands over. Anyways hope this helps atleast down the road as one piece of the puzzle.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2020
IF UR STILL HAVEN PROBLEMS- if ur motherboard has 2 GPU slots,take ur Card out and put it in the other slot. If doesn't help and board an desperate, u should put ur old card back in and if its working fine. Then I would while using ur old graphics card,go in to ur setting and completely disconnect it...then put ur new graphic card in and go back to Nvidia website and resync in install that card. Reason why I'm say this is bc I had some problems like this when I bought the Nvidia rtx2060 .....my old card wasn't...there's some brands that work together and somethat don't..so I had to put my old card back in,switch a setting in the computer from that brand of card to Nvidia...theres like to or 3 differnt chooses. Sorry been to long dont Remember better directions cause I was following steps from a utube video on how to switch card Brands over. Anyways hope this helps atleast down the road as one piece of the puzzle.

I solved it. It was faulty VGA-DVI connector. What I did, I went back to the store where I buyed it and changed for VGA - HDMI connector.
Everything is good now, but damn I was pissed that they gived me faulty device!!!

Solution