Blue Yeti Microphone is making a big buzzing while muted

Noah M

Honorable
Jun 10, 2015
Hello, the blue yeti microphone that I have right now is making a loud humming/buzzing noise, even when it is muted. I know that it is making that noise because when I go into sound manager it keeps rising and lowering. I do not know why it has this sound even when its muted. If I go into and my mic is muted everyone in the channel can still hear that noise until I mute myself on team speak using their app. It is a very loud and high pitched noise that sounds very odd. If you know how to fix this or could provide any tips, then that would be much appreciated.

Solution

Hello again Noah M

By saying 'properly grounded' I meant, please check if power outlet your computer is connected to has proper earthing. Your electrician might be able to confirm...
Hello Noah M

Probably the grounding issue.

Can you please check if the outlet your PC gets the power from is properly grounded?

Also, if it is a laptop computer the Blue Yeti is connected to, try unplugging the laptop from the power supply and then try using it.

Feel free to report back if further assistance is needed.

Cheers!! :)

Noah M

Honorable
Jun 10, 2015

Sorry for the late response, I haven't been on the computer much recently. I do not have a laptop by the way, I have a tower. And what do you mean by properly grounded? (Sorry I'm not to knowledgeable about PCs)

Hello again Noah M

By saying 'properly grounded' I meant, please check if power outlet your computer is connected to has proper earthing. Your electrician might be able to confirm you about this.

Cheers!! :)

Solution
Jun 2, 2019
I have precisely the same issue as OP had. The high pitched tone is being sent out from the mic regardless if it is muted or not. Happens on my tower, and on laptop running on a battery. Any other ideas as to what could be causing this?