Blue Yeti Microphone Stopped working

Connor_45

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017
My Blue Yeti microphone had been working fine the last couple of weeks. I put my computer in Sleep Mode, came back to it a while later only to find that my Blue Yeti microphone (not Pro) had stopped picking up my voice. I made sure it was the microphone by trying it in different software (Discord, Teamspeak, In-Game etc.) but to no success.

I have restarted my computer since, tried updating drivers, plugging the USB into different places etc and nothing seems to be working. So frustrating when it claims to be a "Plug and Play".

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Blackink

Distinguished
I can tell you that when I first installed my Blue yeti, it would not work.

For whatever reason, I had to right click on my Volume icon on the taskbar and select "Playback devices" and switch the Blue yeti from the "Speakers" on the Playback tab and make sure it was selected for my microphone under the "Recording" tab.

Now I read that you've been using it for a couple of weeks, but maybe a Windows update knocked it out of whack??

I would take a look at what the is selected in that "Playback devices" window-labeled Sound when it does open.

My system is running Windows 7 Pro 64Bit.

Connor_45

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017

I ended up resolving it late last night by switching around the USB ports that a lot of my peripherals were inserted into. While it worked, I get the feeling if the problem comes up again, that it won't be something I can fix with sustainable results.

I'm just putting it down to an issue with the USB's on my computer.

Thanks for the thoughts though :)