Blue Yeti Not Being Installed

kurikitty

Reputable
Sep 30, 2014
Hi, I recently received the Blue Yeti Microphone, and when I plug it in, the red light on it comes on, but my computer doesn't install anything and when I check the recording devices, it does not show up. I'm running Windows 10. Thanks for any help.

Solution
I know on my Windows 7 Pro 64Bit install with my Blue Yeti, I had to right click on the volume icon in the taskbar, lower right, click on Playback and make sure next to Speakers, that your actual speakers are listed and not the Blue Yeti. Somehow when I plugged my Yeti into the PC, after it was done its install and set-up, it had made microphone (the Blue Yeti) the default Speakers selected under the Playback tab.

Also check the Recording tab and make sure the Blue Yeti is shown next to Microphone.

Hope this helps some......

Blackink

Distinguished
I know on my Windows 7 Pro 64Bit install with my Blue Yeti, I had to right click on the volume icon in the taskbar, lower right, click on Playback and make sure next to Speakers, that your actual speakers are listed and not the Blue Yeti. Somehow when I plugged my Yeti into the PC, after it was done its install and set-up, it had made microphone (the Blue Yeti) the default Speakers selected under the Playback tab.

Also check the Recording tab and make sure the Blue Yeti is shown next to Microphone.

Hope this helps some......

Solution