Question Blue Yeti Suddenly starts getting muffled, now very quiet and distorted ?

Egossi

Commendable
Dec 11, 2019
I've been using my blue yeti since 2017 with little to no issue, a few days ago I was sitting in a discord call with friends, I take off my headphones and leave to do something and come back, and everything has that weird blue yeti muffling sound, and when I unplug-replug my yeti all input sound is gone. Upon further investigation it's not compeltely gone, but very quiet and extremely distorted, like in one of those movies with old war radios with signal interference and you can't understand anything being said at all.

I've tried using a different cable, different ports, different PC with the same cable, different PC with a different cable, always the exact same issue. I've opened up the mic and tried wiggling the small cables inside, played around with the little mics themselves, nothing I did made the slightest bit of difference. I'm completely lost.

I can post a recording if necessary

Specs:
Power Supply: Corsair CV650
Motherboard: MSI B550M PRO-VDH (WiFi)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
GPU: HIS AMD Radeon RX580 ICEQX2 OC 8GB
Case: Dark X-Force Mid-Tower
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB DDR4 3600MHz)
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
Second SSD: SanDisk Plus 480GB
CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth (Stock)
Monitor: LG 22MP57HQ-P IPS 22" 5ms 1920x1080 60hz
Second Monitor: Asus VS197NE 18.5" 5ms 1366x768 60hz
Microphone: Blue Yeti
WebCam: Logitech C920 Pro
Headphones: Apple EarPods

D

Deleted member 362816

I had a similar issues with a black version years ago it was just a faulty unit from use. Almost 5 years on that mic you got more out of it then most people do before device starts having issues / dies.