Blue yeti weird static noises?

Jan 29, 2019
I've been using a blue yeti for the last year with absolutely no issues, But when i turned my PC on this morning i'm now getting some sort of static noise while changing no settings or anything else from the day before.

This is the sound i'm hearing constantly --- https://vocaroo.com/i/s1DhxmE8OcQR ---

The sound stops when i disable the mic, when i unmute the mic its at its loudest, when i mute it, it becomes considerably more quiet but still there faintly, on top of that i would not usually hear it at all, the people i'm speaking to can hear it, I can only hear it when i record and listen to the recording, or when i use the "listen to this device" option in the windows mic property settings

Any help you can give me before i start wasting money on potential fixes that may not even work would be great.

Thanks.

Jan 29, 2019

I gave this some thought and have moved the cable into multiple ports. I have a USB port and a new cable enroute I'll give these a try today and update if it works. Thanks for the reply.

Jan 29, 2019
So i tried a new cable, also tried a USB hub to no avail, I tried the mic on my friends Laptop and i get the same issue/noise so i can only assume the mic has died unfortunately.