Bluescreen happened and now my computer wont boot

So I was backing up my system, when a blue screen happened. It said tried to write red only memory, and said it would restart. I didn't restart for awhile so I shut it down. When i tried to start again nothing happened except the psu fan began getting really loud so I shut it down again. I tried reseating the ram but it didn't work. No beepcodes. My computer is an HP Compaq pro 6300 SFF. I have a 250gb ssd with my system and primary partition on it and a 7.2k rpm hdd with my second partition and backups. Can I do anything or will I have to cleanly install windows?

Sep 21, 2018
Hello,

Assuming your computer does not boot back up, I'd suggest disconnecting your HDD and see if it does boot. If not it could perhaps be your SSD which your only option then is to reinstall Windows via USB drive (download the installation media form Microsoft). If you can boot to desktop try running a scan with Malwarebytes and see if that helps.

- Alex

I actually solved this this afternoon, but when I tried backing up my drives, it happened again, but this time instead of a blue screen it was a literal dark blue screen. could it be the same problem?

Sep 21, 2018
I'd suggest not backing up? :p
Backing up on an SSD could be the problem maybe as they work differently?
Maybe a running program in the background is conflicting with the back up process?
I couldn't really suggest anything else to be honest but scan with Malwarebytes/Reinstall OS :L

Sep 21, 2018

Try ending un-needed background processes before you start your back ups?
Perhaps try and back up to an external HDD?

- Alex