Bluescreen issue, please help.

QuinnTheOnly

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
I've been having issues with my new windows 7 build. I installed it about 2 months ago and in the past 2 weeks I've been coming home from work to see my computer in the bios. This happens everyday, when I boot it up again it shows a "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown" error box. I have included the photo of it. It's been doing it more often I have noticed. Whenever I start up a game it may or may not blue screen. Could someone please help me with this? Is it hardware or windows it's self?

Ig0M7Am.png

Hi :)

As it happens every day it should be easy to diagnose....

Here is what I would do...

Step 1, disconnect BOTH other hard drives then go to work and see what happens when you come home...

Step 2, if still happening run a hard drive test on your boot drive with HIRENS CD and no i don't mean chkdsk ...

All the best Brett :)

If you were sure...you would know whats wrong....

Just try it to start with.... hard drive failures are the COMMONEST source of customers problems in my shops...

QuinnTheOnly

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
You know, I'm not looking for a smart ass remark but It could possibly be a virus. And HDD failures are probably abundant to you because you work on laptops. I built my computer, and these HDDs have given me no reason to suspect them as an issue.

Yes, I own a Laptop repair company and MULTIPLE Computer shops that do Pc repairs...

We also fix viruses... and viruses do a lot of strange things but RARELY BSOD....

QuinnTheOnly

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
Anyway, away from bickering, I think I narrowed it down to a graphics driver issue. I'm going to revert to past drivers and see if my issue is resolved. Thank you for your time and help! :)

Good luck, but assuming you have the LATEST graphics drivers, they also rarely BSOD...

You realise those BSOD codes are a GUESS by windows ?

Think about your graphics for a minute.... WHY would they error when you are NOT even there, they are running standard graphics , and its not like someone just started a game....

satrow

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2013
Hi Quinn,
STOP 0x0000003B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Usual causes: System service, Device driver, graphics driver, ?memory

So]http://carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x0000003B
So your feeling about the graphics driver may well be correct - if the BSOD type is consistent.

I may be able to shed further light if you could copy the latest few crash dumps to your Desktop, zip them and upload the zip to somewhere publicly accessible - like Skydrive?