[SOLVED] BlueScreen Issues

Mar 24, 2019
My Computer has been freezing periodically and BSOD occasionally. I have been trying to troubleshoot this issue. I recently though it was corruption of the windows install so i bought a new samsung evo 860 1TB SSD and reinstalled windows. So i guess were we are at know there is a hardware issue. I have ran memory test and the test ran without errors. I looked at the voltages for the power supply they seem with in limits. So i guess cpu or motherboard. Honestly im hoping its not an hardware issue but i could just be out of luck. The dump file that i have is at this link https://www.dropbox.com/s/knvmluc0d3rgza0/032419-8171-01.dmp?dl=0 . Thanks for your help on this issue.

Colif

Win 11 Master
WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.

Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: ffffa08002246028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000b0800000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000040151, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
DUMP_CLASS: 1
DUMP_QUALIFIER: 400
DUMP_TYPE: 2
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_AuthenticAMD
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT

Dump converted by Gardenman - https://pste.eu/p/NRtF.html

its blaming Chrome but WHEA errors normally caused by overclocking software, or hardware, not applications. More likely Chrome was what crashed but not the cause.

It might be caused by the Wifi card - Atheros Wireless LAN driver (Qualcomm) is the oldest driver, see if there are newer ones.

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor
Motherboard: 990FXA-GD80
Ram 16gb maker unknown (its reported as A1_Manufacturer0 by the bios?)
Not sure what else is attached.

Mar 24, 2019
The Specs of the PC are

Motherboard : MSI 990fxa-gd80
CPU:AMD FX-8120
Corsair Vengence 4 x 4GB 1333
GPU: MSI Gaming Edition GeForce GTX 980 TI 6GB OC
HDD 1: Samsung Evo 860 1TB
HDD 2 Seagate 1TB 7200 RPM
PSU: Corsair750 TX

I did have a tp-link wireless card in there but i don't use it and because of Colif comment i just pulled it out. So i guess we will see if that solves the issue if not ill post the next dump

Update:: Computer has since frozen after removal of the Wireless Card. no BSOD yet. Currently Updating all drivers i can.

Last edited:

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the new dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pastebin.com/P2XDZGXc

File information:040619-10390-01.dmp (Apr 6 2019 - 17:07:48)
Bugcheck:CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 13 Min(s), and 53 Sec(s)

Possible Motherboard page: https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/990FXA-GD80.html
It looks like you have the latest AMI BIOS already installed. I'm not sure why they have 2 different BIOSs listed unless 2 types were used when making the board and they switched at some point. I've never seen that before.

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Mar 24, 2019
Yeah I recently installed the 980Ti when I did the bios I had at the time didn't recognize the graphics card so I updated to the latest bios of the one I currently had. I have been rather confused myself about the two separate bios. I'm curious if I update to the other bios if it might fix the issue but kinda concerned

Colif

Win 11 Master
bios versions - it seem right, I found this thread on MSI forums where someone who had 11.12 was asking for newest version and was given 13.6 as the answer

it is strangely set up, that is for sure. I don't think its possible to swap bios makers on a board. Not without removing chips since bios resides in hardware.

Mar 24, 2019
bios versions - it seem right, I found this thread on MSI forums where someone who had 11.12 was asking for newest version and was given 13.6 as the answer

it is strangely set up, that is for sure. I don't think its possible to swap bios makers on a board. Not without removing chips since bios resides in hardware.
Yea unfortunately it seems he bricked his Mobo

Mar 24, 2019
So I decided to flash my Mobo after reading those MSI threads I. Flash said it was successful in dos flash updater. Cleared cmos and boot and Mobo stuck on code 99. I clear reboot a few times but no luck. Took battery out and unplugged PSU and going to bed. Maybe better luck tomorrow

Mar 24, 2019
oh dear, that is same code as other guy got. Sorry, I should have warned you :(

I knew the risk as I was getting ready to flash it. I figure it was either Mobo or CPU at the point we were at so either it worked and everything would be hunky dory or I was going to have to build a new rig. I greatly appreciate yalls feedback and attempts to help me solve these issues. I guess time to save for a new rig maybe wait for Intel 10nm chips. I'll update if a miracle occurs.

Colif

Win 11 Master
It is just a reminder that BIOS flashing is a risk, but the process is getting easier, modern boards let you connect to internet from inside bios to flash bios so it chooses right bios for board without need for a USB. ONe person I know did that this morning.

I know it doesn't make it any better, it is so rare this happens that I can't recall last time it happened to someone I suggested idea to. And it is not that I don't suggest idea at least once every few weeks to someone... already did once tonight.

I don't like it when advice I offer costs money, I try not to do that.

The new PC will be so much better than what you had, that is 1 thing to think about. One consolation anyway.

Mar 24, 2019
Is your BIOS updated??
Because some situations can be due to outdated BIOS..
Bios corrupted during a flash Mobo bricked have sense bought a 3570k and Mobo of hardwareswap rig is back up and running. Pretty nice upgrade over my older stuff as well. Now I'm just waiting to see what zen 2 is about and how Intel responds to AMD if zen 2 is really good