Bluescreen when ALT+Tabbing with any games

jhayaivoll

Prominent
Jun 22, 2017
Hi all!

I'm having issues with my newly bought PC's (12 units) and all of them encounters bluescreen whenever users ALT+Tabs while gaming ( Dota 2 / LoL and Chrome browser - Facebook, Youtube). Anyone can guide me how to identify what's causing this? All of components are brand new and tried to update everything that I could update (Windows / Drivers). Tried also installing Dota 2, LoL and Chrome only but still end up with bluescreen whenever user alt+tabs. Here are my specs:

Processor: AMD A8-7600
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A78M-HD2 rev 3.1
RAM: 2pcs single stick Kingston HyperX Fury 1866Mhz 4GB DDR3 CL10 (couldn't find PAIRS in our country that's why I bought 2 single stick for dual channel)
HDD: 500GB Seagate Barracuda
PSU: Generic 750watts

Bluescreen only happens when they ALT+Tab.. atm I suggest them to use Web Browser of Steam if they want to have Facebook/Youtube while playing.. and when they do that, bluescreen doesn't occur.. Thanks in advance :)

jhayaivoll

Prominent
Jun 22, 2017
Sorry took awhile to get back.. well I suspected that what causing this is the AMD Crimson something driver update (for the APU/graphics driver) so I reformatted all of the PC's and only installed the drivers from the CD that's with the motherboard and I didn't update the graphics driver anymore.. only updated what's on the Windows Update then there it goes, no more bluescreen when users alt+tabs.. my concern now is since I didn't update my graphics driver.. I probably not optimizing the performance my APU could do..

Anyway, for now bluescreen is gone.. I will probably try updating again on 1 of the PC the graphics driver to latest and see if it's really what causing my bluescreen.

P.S:
I tried manually downloading the latest graphics driver for my APU from AMD website and chooses Window 7 as OS but the folder/file is named win10 something.. maybe its really only for win10 OS since win7 will be phasing out soon? Not really sure lol