[SOLVED] Bluescreen when gtx 780Ti is in pc. Worked fine 5 hours ago

datboioss

Prominent
Jul 19, 2017
PC shuts down when playing intense games. I've tracked the problem to the GPU, which I have now (hopefully temporarily) replaced.

First off, my specs:
Motherboard Model: GIGABYTE Z77X-UD3H
Total Memory Size: 16 GBytes
Video Card: AMD Radeon R9 290
Processor Name: Intel Core i5-3570K (clocked at 3400MHz)

The current video card is just one I found laying around my house. I would really like to get my 780Ti back to work. When the 780Ti is in my pc, the resolution is really low and my pc just shuts down after like 10min of working. It all started when I ran GTA V, my pc suddenly restarted. I didn't think much of it but then when I tried to run it again all the problems started. I had to reinstall windows like 6 times because if I even got it running, my pc would crash 10min later and then give me a bluescreen. Sorry for bad English my head isn't straight at the moment.

Try a clean install of your display drivers-Use DDU in safe mode, wipe the drivers, reboot and install the latest package. Keep an eye on your temps under load for both your gpu and cpu. Also what PSU are you running? From memory the 780ti is quite power hungry but I'd imagine that wouldn't be an issue considering your 290 works fine.

coolnate390

Prominent
Jan 1, 2018

The latest drivers for your graphics card can be found here > https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-r9-series/amd-radeon-r9-200-series/amd-radeon-r9-290