[SOLVED] Bluescreen with driver related issues. have no idea how to fix this.

Irisena

Commendable
Oct 1, 2019
So, just 2 days ago, my system was doing fine. until a BSOD hit my system. I forgot what BSOD was that, but afterwards, my system is always hit with a BSOD every hour or so. Some example of the BSOD is DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION, APC_INDEX_MISMATCH, KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE, ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPS, and ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXCECUTE_MEMORY. the similarity of all these BSODs according to google is somehow, this is a driver related issue. I have no idea how to fix this.

I have attempted sfc /scannow and found some corrupted files, fixed that with DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth, and the restoration is successful, but the BSOD problem persist. Tried rolling back the Nvidia driver to the january version, no luck. reinstall BIOS update, no luck. updating drivers using software like driver easy, no luck. EVEN DOING A WINDOWS CLEAN INSTALL, STILL NO LUCK. heck, the windows clean install crashes only minutes after i'm logged in. I have no idea what to do anymore... please help.

Solution
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

random errors normally points me to ram 1st. Especially after a clean install.

tried without nvidia card attached? their drivers are pretty bad right now. Some of those errors could be their drivers.

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

random errors normally points me to ram 1st. Especially after a clean install.

tried without nvidia card attached? their drivers are pretty bad right now. Some of those errors could be their drivers.

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

Reactions: Irisena
Solution

Irisena

Commendable
Oct 1, 2019
well, i've found the problem. seems like it's a corrupted BIOS update. I remember that the problem comes after a BIOS update that was 'successfully' done, tried reflash it with the same stick and same files, still keep BSODing even when the screen says it's 100% done. So, I redownload the BIOS again and put it on a different stick, slot it on a different USB port, and I think that fixes the issue. I have no idea how did this happen, how a BIOS could be 100% updated when it's corrupted in reality, but yeah. thanks for the answer, guess I kinda fixed it by just redoing what i've been doing multiple times.