Question Bluescreens for Days

Jul 7, 2022
So I've been having an issue recently with my pc bluescreening while playing newer games specifically COD Black Ops Cold War and Forza Horizon 5. The stop code is Clock_Watchdog_Timeout and from what I've seen online it seems to be a hardware issue so I went through the trouble of testing all of my components individually using various tools. For my CPU i used Intel Burn test, i used memtest86 for my ram, and Furmark for my GPU. I also ran cinebench multiple times. All of these tests yielded no results my CPU never got above 70* and my GPU doesnt get above 50*. This issue is very frustrating and am sick and tired of my pc restarting any help is much appreciated!

Specs:

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5300Mhz
GPU: Nvidia GTX-3070 @210Mhz
RAM: 2x Teamgroup UD4 3200 DDR4 8GB Each @1200Mhz
Motherboard: ASRock Z590-C/ac

All components are running the latest drivers

Ralston18

Titan
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

History of heavy gaming use - correct?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. Either one or both may be capturing additional error codes, warnings, or even informational events preceding or at the time of the bluescreens.

Jul 7, 2022
PSU: Apevia ATX-PR800W 800Watt about 2 years old

Drives: 1x WD WDS100T2B0C-00PXH0 1TB NVME
1x Seagate ST2000DM005-2CW102 1TB HDD
1x WD WD10SPZX-22Z10T1 1TB SSD
the last two are in RAID but I don't remember how I did it as it was a few years ago

Reliability History has the record of all of my bluescreens. They all say the same thing:

Hardware Error
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 141
Parameter 1: ffffd984336cf460
Parameter 2: fffff80335fa04d0
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 2d68
OS version: 10_0_19044
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
OS Version: 10.0.19044.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033

I looked in event viewer but I'd be lying if I said I know what I'm looking for.

Ralston18

Titan
This:

Hardware Error
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 141

Here is a Microsoft link regarding Code 141.

Not offered as a solution per se but just to provide additional information. You may recognize some other factor that is also involved.

You can search on the Internet for other links discussing Code 141. However, some of those links will appear no matter what code or problem you are searching. And many will suggest some app to fix the problem and/or registry edits. Do not download anything and stay out of the Registry. Registry editing is a last resort and only attempted after a full backup of the system and the registry.

With a two year old PSU and a RAID setup be sure that you have everything backed up at least 2 x to other locations away from the problem computer. Verify that those backups are recoverable and readable.

What you can do:

First - try running the built in Windows troubleshooters. The trouble shooters may find and fix something.

Second - update the GPU drivers via direct manual download from Nvidia's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

Third - run "sfc /scannow" and "dism"

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image

Fourth - Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Use a bright flashlight to look for signs of damage: bare conductor showing, melting, swollen components, pinched or kinked wires, browned or blackened areas, loose or missing screws. Anything amiss.

Overall, the PSU is a likely suspect. May be nearing its designed in EOL (End of Life) and starting to falter and fail. Especially if heavily used for gaming.

In any case - the crucial task is to ensure that important data is backed up. For the future, consider moving away from a RAID environment unless there is a specific known reason for having RAID.

[Note: as for Event Viewer it is indeed cumbersome in some ways. Not really user friendly but the more you work with it the more understanding you will gain. Unfortunately, "more details" is not always useful or helpful. Just take your to learn the layout and how to navigate around inside.]