Bluescreens on a brand new pc.. ?

HellJumper

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
Hey all, I just built myself a new gaming PC, and I've been having bluescreens within a day of building it... It's obviously quite discouraging to have a expensive build have problems already, but I hope you guys here can give me some help.

I usually check the BSoD with Bluescreenview, and I often see Drivers:

ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0, dxgmms1.sys+1ded3, Ntfs.sys+f00c0,( and I got this one only once, usbfilter.sys+1d31,) fltmgr.sys+30eb0, nvlddmkm.sys+146003, dxgmms1.sys+7f01, dxgmms1.sys+1e8af, hal.dll+4a56. So OBVIOUSLY, I have a few problems... I hope they are easily solved, I don't mind a reinstall honestly, cause it wouldn't take long but thats always like the last option. Here are my PC specs: Sabertooth 990fx OCZ 3 120gb ssd (OS), 1.5tb seagate hdd (Storage), NZXT Phantom 410 case, 16gb of vengeance ram 1600mhz, AMX FX 8350 Black Edition, Corsair GS800 PSU and a friends GTX550 TI Galaxy graphics card, till I get a newer one. I'm thinking the used graphics card might be the cause of some of my problems, but It's only a few months old so I'm not sure. Thanks guys, I'll try and attach all my DUMP Files.

You have a memory problem, heat problem, or timing/voltage problem.

1. If overclocking, return to stock clocks and timings.

2. Remove the CPU heatsink, clean off and replace the compound, then replace the heatsink, double-checking that it is mounted square to the CPU.

3. Double-check that your memory is on the motherboard manufacturer's approved list, and that the sticks are matched.

4. Download and burn to CD Memtest86: http://www.memtest86.com/

5. Boot the above CD and run no less than 3 complete cycles on each stick of ram, individually, in each slot. After that run pairs, alternating slots between tests (gonna take a while)

HellJumper

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013

The Asus bios settings are set for performance, so I'll change it to default, and the cpu runs cool all the time.

Do you want me to take all 4 sticks of ram out and put 1 in and run memtest 3 times on 1 stick, and then replace the same slot with a different stick and repeat the process? Or leave them all in?

1 stick at a time tested in each slot

2 at a time alternating banks

4 at a time swapping pairs between banks after each test.

That's lots of tests but it's the only way to eliminate the odd pairing causing problems.

hell start with making sure your mb has the newest bios patches for ram and cpu code. a lot of times if the mb been sitting in a warehouse it 3 or 4 bios revs back. use cpu-z and look at what the mb set your ram speed and timing. use the spd tab to see the speed your ram is rated at. use gpu-z and make sure your video card is seen right and running at it max pci bus speed. on your mb is should be pci 2.0 mode at 16x. lso make sure you download the newest amd chipset drivers. the ones on the mb cd can be months old.