Question Bluetooth Adapter disappeared ?

grole

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2011
After not being able to connect my headphones anymore I discovered that the bluetooth adapter (the onboard one) is no longer showing up. Not in the system tray, and not in Device Manager. It was working fine for several days and overnight it's gone. I haven't done any changes or updates.

I tried a system restore which didn't work. I ran Windows update. I downloaded the specific drivers from Gigabyte but they won't install as no device is found. I even re-installed Windows (clean install) but still nothing shows up.

Only solution I found was this but it didn't work either:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-manager/8975c07f-f657-4b7a-ad13-c95b62b06090

I'm lost. Any ideas here? The motherboard is a B550 Aorus Pro AC and it's brand new.

Thanks in advance

After not being able to connect my headphones anymore I discovered that the bluetooth adapter (the onboard one) is no longer showing up. Not in the system tray, and not in Device Manager. It was working fine for several days and overnight it's gone. I haven't done any changes or updates.

I tried a system restore which didn't work. I ran Windows update. I downloaded the specific drivers from Gigabyte but they won't install as no device is found. I even re-installed Windows (clean install) but still nothing shows up.

Only solution I found was this but it didn't work either:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-manager/8975c07f-f657-4b7a-ad13-c95b62b06090

I'm lost. Any ideas here? The motherboard is a B550 Aorus Pro AC and it's brand new.

Thanks in advance
Looks like it's just dead, can you find it in BIOS ?

grole

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2011
I've looked but I can't find anything related to Bluetooth in the bios. Unless it's called something else?

But does that happen, that it just suddenly dies? Pretty frustrating as I swapped the motherboard due to a defective audio port, and now now something else doesn't work and I'm back to a workaround.

Are those USB dongle adapters any good? Reliable?

grole

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2011
I'm still having this problem. Every couple of days I have no Bluetooth device after booting. I can get it back after switching the PSU is and holding the power button for 10sec. Comes back every time doing that. But then it'll be gone again a couple of days later. Any other ideas?

TRENDING THREADS