Question Bluetooth adapter stops playing music through Airpods when skipping/pausing audio ?

Apr 28, 2023
Hi

I am on Windows 11 PC using a USB Bluetooth adapter to connect my Airpods to the PC. When I'm playing music from YouTube and change music/skip forward/pause then the audio just stops playing but the headphones seem to be still connected to the adapter. I am sure I have disabled all the Power Management options for all the USB plugs.

Anyone knows what else could be causing this as I haven't found any solutions for it so far

Thanks

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs. Windows 11 noted - edition, version?

What audio software are you using, if any, to listen to music.

Where is the USB Bluetooth adapter plugged in? At tha back of the case perhaps? Try using a USB extension cable to raise the Bluetooth adapter up and away from its' present location. May help with transmitting and receiving.

And I would expect some pause in the music while the change is being made. The software application(s) involved must go through various steps to make the required change.

The change is not going to be instanteous and very likely dependent on the software being used; how well it was designed, coded, and finally executable.

Could be that some process running in the background notes the change and then launches for some purpose of its' own.

= = = =

You might discover more about what is happening via Task Manager and Resource monitor.

Use both tools but only tool at a time.

Open the tool Window and first observe the system while listening to music as usual. Wait a few minutes and just watch.

Observe what resources are being used, to what extent (%), and what is using any given resource.

Then "change music" and watch what happens with respect to system resources when the audio stops playing.

You might, for example, note that network activity increases during the stoppage. Could be something else.

Likely to take some time and effort plus a keen eye.

The problem may not be immediately within your control. However, you may be able to discover what is going on and then look for a specific solution.