[SOLVED] Bluetooth adaptor issues with MSI B560M PRO VDH Mobo

666abhi666

Commendable
Jun 25, 2019
I recently built an i5 11400F desktop with the MSI B560M PRO VDH mobo (no Wi-Fi or Bluetooth) and then purchased the TP-Link Bluetooth 5.0 adaptor to pair my JBL headset. The device installs fine and the Bluetooth icon shows up in the system tray, but won't detect any Bluetooth devices. It keeps searching without any results. The same adaptor is able to detect devices on my other PC, so the adaptor is not the problem. I tried various fixes I found online, but nothing works.

• Updated all Bluetooth drivers
  • Made sure devices were close to each other
  • Enabled PC visibility in Windows Bluetooth settings
  • Restarted Bluetooth services in "services.msc"
  • Tried to connect my phone instead of the headset
  • Uninstalled the device in Device Manager and re-installed it
  • Ran the Bluetooth troubleshooter (says "Fixed" at the end, but the details page says "Issue not present" next to every check)

I plugged the adaptor into every USB port available and repeated all these steps. The search never detects any Bluetooth devices.

I'm out of ideas at this point. Has anyone come across this issue with the B560 chipset? Is there a fix for this? I'm running Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

Solution
Can you narrow down the exact adapter that you're using in tandem with your motherboard? If this is the device you're working with, there's a support tab with a relevant driver download meant for your adapter.

You state being on Windows 10, what version(not edition) are you on? BIOS version for your motherboard? Please parse a link to the BT headset you've spoken of above.

Lutfij

Titan
Can you narrow down the exact adapter that you're using in tandem with your motherboard? If this is the device you're working with, there's a support tab with a relevant driver download meant for your adapter.

You state being on Windows 10, what version(not edition) are you on? BIOS version for your motherboard? Please parse a link to the BT headset you've spoken of above.

Solution

666abhi666

Commendable
Jun 25, 2019

When I went to check the version of windows, I noticed updates were disabled. Enabled the updates and installed the driver you linked. The device now works. Thank you.

What's strange is the document that came with the adaptor said it's plug and play. The driver was apparently supposed to install automatically when plugged in.

TRENDING THREADS