[SOLVED] Bluetooth and SD Card Reader - Code 45

Nov 29, 2018
Sorry if this is wrong section.

I have and HP laptop running Windows 10 64-bit

This week I have discovered both Bluetooth and SD Card reader were not working and had Code 45 when I checked in Device Manager.

Tried various things, updating drivers etc... and was getting nowhere so ended up resetting and reinstalling Windows and both returned however as soon as I started putting things back on they disappeared again, had only put on Avast and Google Chrome at this stage. Took them off and restarted but both Bluetooth and SD card reader not working again.

So do I reinstall again? Is it likely that it is Avast or Chrome than is causing the issue?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Hello

Although it's highly unlikely that any of the two programs are the culprit, you can avoid installing them right after you've re-installed Windows and see if the issue returns.

However, before going that road, can you please try rolling back the Bluetooth and Card Reader drivers and see if it helps?

If you have already re-installed Windows, please try Disabling Automatic Driver Updates and see if both the devices continue functioning normally.

Feel free to report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!!
Hello

Although it's highly unlikely that any of the two programs are the culprit, you can avoid installing them right after you've re-installed Windows and see if the issue returns.

However, before going that road, can you please try rolling back the Bluetooth and Card Reader drivers and see if it helps?

If you have already re-installed Windows, please try Disabling Automatic Driver Updates and see if both the devices continue functioning normally.

Feel free to report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!!

Solution