Question Bluetooth audio causes entire system slowdown

Mar 20, 2019
I have had this issue appear on multiple PC's (HP Envy, MSI gs65) I've owned only common denominator is windows 10. I don't know why but when I have any bluetooth audio device connected to my laptop occasionally the audio will begin to stutter and lag and my entire system will slow down. I've tried so many different solutions but nothing seems to fix it, the main problem is this occurs rarely enough that it's difficult to troubleshoot but often enough that it's incredibly bothersome. It occurs with different audio sources from itunes to youtube and it's occurred on every bluetooth audio device I've owned (Jaybird tarah pro, Fugoo tough, jaybird x3). If anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it.

Hello

Can you please confirm if you tried using your Bluetooth devices on any of your friends' computers?

Also, please confirm if you use any particular app that is specific to your needs and not everyone is expected to use it?

If you already updated your Windows, all the device drivers are updated, your PC is virus free, and all your Bluetooth devices are OK, the only thing that could be problematic is an app that refuses to comply with Bluetooth.

Please report back with the details to allow us to offer you a better solution.

Cheers!!

Mar 20, 2019
Hello

Can you please confirm if you tried using your Bluetooth devices on any of your friends' computers?

Also, please confirm if you use any particular app that is specific to your needs and not everyone is expected to use it?

If you already updated your Windows, all the device drivers are updated, your PC is virus free, and all your Bluetooth devices are OK, the only thing that could be problematic is an app that refuses to comply with Bluetooth.

Please report back with the details to allow us to offer you a better solution.

Cheers!!
I have not tried any of the listed devices on my friends computers, I will try to see if I can find someone who will let me try that. Though I have had the error occur on 2 different laptops I've owned.

I don't use any special software/app other than iTunes/Spotify both cause the slow down, as does listening to audio from web sources.

I will try turning off my background apps one at a time to see if the issue stops.

This issue is difficult to troubleshoot as it doesn't always appear when I use my laptop, I can go a whole day with nothing happening only for it to appear later.

I appreciated your assistance though!