Question Bluetooth audio devices cut out and I have to turn the headphones on and off again to get the system audio working.

Nov 18, 2020
Hello,

I have had trouble with bluetooth on my system. I'm using Sony WH1000-XM3 headphones on my system, and sometimes the audio cuts out randomly. It appears to like to cut out when there's no audio playing, like in between swapping videos while the webpage is changing, but it also happens when audio is playing as well. It's strange, because when I'm looking at volume mixer and sound settings, it shows my headphones are still connected and that audio is still being played as the volume mixer is showing the little audio visualiser (lack of a better term) in volume mixer is still going up and down. I've tried swapping to different bluetooth headphones, and I am still getting the same problem. To fix this issue, I have to turn the headphones off and on again and then the audio works again.

specs:

cpu: Intel i7-10700K (clocked at 4.85ghz)
mobo: Aorus Elite AC LGA 1200
ram: 16gb

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Has it always had trouble with BT? Where is your case located? Are they any obstructions? Bluetooth on windows pcs is hit and miss, the range is much weaker than a decent transmitter and it's easy to interfere with the signal with bad placement.

Did you hook up the Antenna? The Wifi and BT use them BTW.

Nov 18, 2020
The PC is literally on top of my desk right next to me. No obsructions and yes, I have the antenna hooked up. I don't know how the hell to fix it, and it gets really frustrating every time it goes off.

Last edited: