Question Bluetooth: Device Descriptor Failed (Error 43)

Ellowas

Commendable
Aug 26, 2020
Hi.

I bought a new PC (ASUS TUF Gaming F17 - 2021) not too long ago, but it's been having issues with its bluetooth since the day I got it. I think whenever I open up a fullscreen game, the bluetooth suddenly gives out or periodically disconnects from whatever is actively connected to it until it finally gives out and shows "Unknown Device (Device Descriptor Failed - Error 43)" in my Device Manager, and the only thing that fixes it—temporarily—is draining my PC of its power then turning it back on after approximately ten to thirty minutes.

I tried uninstalling it while it had that error then installing my manufacturer's driver for it to no avail, I did not see anything within my BIOS/UEFI that affects my USB, and none of the CMD commands such as chkdsk/DISM/sfc found any problems. Lastly, "USB Selective Suspend" does not exist in my Power Options but I did find a similar option called "USB battery saver" that I disabled which didn't fix my issue either—probably because I primarily use my adapter over my battery.

Now that my bluetooth is temporarily back and I disconnected everything from it, which one am I supposed to uninstall when installing a driver in its place? I doubt this will work, but I'm going to try anything I can at this point to have 100% functionality and uptime from it.

VkS3ich.png

Hi.

I bought a new PC (ASUS TUF Gaming F17 - 2021) not too long ago, but it's been having issues with its bluetooth since the day I got it. I think whenever I open up a fullscreen game, the bluetooth suddenly gives out or periodically disconnects from whatever is actively connected to it until it finally gives out and shows "Unknown Device (Device Descriptor Failed - Error 43)" in my Device Manager, and the only thing that fixes it—temporarily—is draining my PC of its power then turning it back on after approximately ten to thirty minutes.

I tried uninstalling it while it had that error then installing my manufacturer's driver for it to no avail, I did not see anything within my BIOS/UEFI that affects my USB, and none of the CMD commands such as chkdsk/DISM/sfc found any problems. Lastly, "USB Selective Suspend" does not exist in my Power Options but I did find a similar option called "USB battery saver" that I disabled which didn't fix my issue either—probably because I primarily use my adapter over my battery.

Now that my bluetooth is temporarily back and I disconnected everything from it, which one am I supposed to uninstall when installing a driver in its place? I doubt this will work, but I'm going to try anything I can at this point to have 100% functionality and uptime from it.

VkS3ich.png
power management is in bluetooth settings
llXyP1W.png

in your case its that mediatek

if its still under warranty, you might contact asus, as your bluetooth device might be defective

Last edited:
Reactions: Ellowas

Ellowas

Commendable
Aug 26, 2020
Thankfully, it is still under warranty.

If it disconnects again even after that, I'll absolutely contact ASUS about it. The day I don't have to worry about hardware or software-related issues from new to moderately used PCs is the day I'll consider myself truly lucky.