[SOLVED] Bluetooth dongle refuses to be usable

devilgodspider

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2013
Hi

Recently the dongle had been working fine, but decided to stop working. Here's what I've done so far

Windows device manager states that the bluetooth dongle is fully updated.

There is no bluetooth icon on Action center or on my tray.

When I attempt to add a Device via Bluetooth it immediately spits out "Couldn't connect".

My PC is a desktop that does not have inherent bluetooth support, the dongle I'm using is a Tp-Link UB400.

I've restarted multiple times.

I just want to use my ps4 controller via bluetooth man, what the hell happened

christopher.john.sr

Commendable
Oct 15, 2017
So....
1. If you haven't already, test the dongle in another computer or laptop. Connect to some headphones or a speaker to confirm connectivity. Then test the controller just to be certain they speak to each other.

2. SOMETIMES the USB ports don't all work the same. Try every port on your case.

3. You stated that the dongle had been working fine. Have you had any Windows updates? Made any system changes? Can you go back to a restore point which would undo any recent changes to the system.

christopher.john.sr

Commendable
Oct 15, 2017
So....
1. If you haven't already, test the dongle in another computer or laptop. Connect to some headphones or a speaker to confirm connectivity. Then test the controller just to be certain they speak to each other.

2. SOMETIMES the USB ports don't all work the same. Try every port on your case.

3. You stated that the dongle had been working fine. Have you had any Windows updates? Made any system changes? Can you go back to a restore point which would undo any recent changes to the system.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS