Question Bluetooth dongle will not connect to Android phone

robertdonithan

Honorable
Dec 30, 2017
I purchased a Bluetooth adapter for my Dell optiplex 9010 desktop windows 10 pro and it will not connect to my Motorola Ace1 5g phone.
The phone recognized the computer and the computer recognized the phone but I waited and waited and the computer would not connect.Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?
Not quite sure, what you want to do there.

Do you want to share mobile internet from your phone to your pc?
Or do you want to share internet from your pc to phone?

Either way - you create wifi hotspot on one device and
connect to hotspot on the other device (choose wifi network and input wifi password).

None of that happens automatically.

Reactions: robertdonithan

robertdonithan

Honorable
Dec 30, 2017
I bought the Bluetooth adapter to maybe use it later for Bluetooth mouse or headset. Either way transferring files audio or photos to phone or vice versa the computer recognized the phone but would not connect to it.

robertdonithan

Honorable
Dec 30, 2017
I bought the Bluetooth adapter to maybe use it later for Bluetooth mouse or headset. Either way transferring files audio or photos to phone or vice versa the computer recognized the phone but would not connect to it.
For file transfer?
Just connect it with a USB-C cable.
I know that but how do I get the Bluetooth adapter to work?.. it said plug and play from the advertisement.

I know that but how do I get the Bluetooth adapter to work?.. it said plug and play from the advertisement.

Is it not working at all, as in you can't connect a bluetooth headset or anything else to it? There is a difference between it not working and not connecting to a phone they way you want it. Pretty sure you can't use this connection for file transfer to a phone.

Reactions: robertdonithan

robertdonithan

Honorable
Dec 30, 2017
Is it not working at all, as in you can't connect a bluetooth headset or anything else to it? There is a difference between it not working and not connecting to a phone they way you want it. Pretty sure you can't use this connection for file transfer to a phone.
I got it working. Googled troubleshooting for that problem and a video walked me through a process. Go to Run -Windows10-then -servicesmsc -then scroll down to Bluetooth related things and click and start and restart several services. File transfer or pictures transferred after that fix...thanx anyway everyone.