Bluetooth driver Widcomm vs. IVT

Hi there,

Are there compatibility problems between Bluetooth dongles using Widcomm
driver and others using IVT driver? What are the differences between the two
and is there a "preferred one"? Widcomm drivers support HID and can be used
with all PCs, MAC and GSM, how about IVT?

Thanks in advance, Waldman

You should have no problems using different software in different devices.

Answering the second question (one you posted on Geekzone), it doesn't
matter what interface these software use, since the Bluetooth specs are
identical. You might find that not all profiles are supported by one or
another software though.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz
http://www.geekmac.com

"waldman" <waldman100@hotmail.no.valid> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> Are there compatibility problems between Bluetooth dongles using Widcomm
> driver and others using IVT driver? What are the differences between the
> two
> and is there a "preferred one"? Widcomm drivers support HID and can be
> used
> with all PCs, MAC and GSM, how about IVT?
>
> Thanks in advance, Waldman

I have a TRENDNet dongle which supposedly has the Widcomm chip and comes
with poor software. Does the earlier response mean I can use another
firm's software with that chip?

Thanks!

> You should have no problems using different software in different devices.
>
> Answering the second question (one you posted on Geekzone), it doesn't
> matter what interface these software use, since the Bluetooth specs are
> identical. You might find that not all profiles are supported by one or
> another software though.

Thank you for your replies. Rgds, Waldman

Nope. Widcomm makes software not hardware. The Widcomm software is actually
quite good.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz
http://www.geekmac.com