Question Bluetooth drivers has gone

Dov95

Reputable
Jul 30, 2015
I am using my laptop Asus k551ln it was with Windows 8 and I was using bluetooth successfully. Recently I have upgraded my OS to Windows 10 and I spotted that bluetooth is not available on my laptop any more. Tried to install various drivers and nothing helped. Currently my laptop is on Windows 10 (17763). It seems like intel does not suggests me to install bluetooth driver on windows 10 or something.

Do anyone have ideas how to bring back bluetooth to my laptop without downgrading OS to windows 8?

Dov95

Reputable
Jul 30, 2015
So I have tried more tutorials how to fix this problem and I followed this tutorial: Tutorial and spotted that Bluetooth device (rfcomm protocol tdi) is missing in my device manager. Any ideas how to get it back?

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Intel has been churning out updates to their WiFi and Bluetooth device drivers at a head spinning rate over the last couple of years. And I can speak from direct experience, as I have these devices on this very machine.

The first thing I'd suggest you do is to download and install the Intel Driver & Support Assistant (do a quick web search), then keep it up and running. If you have Intel Bluetooth hardware it will detect it and fetch the latest driver available for same. It will also do the same for any Intel hardware on the machine. It lets you know what it found and in what classes and you can make the decision to update or not. I always update.

TRENDING THREADS