[SOLVED] Bluetooth Error 43 & multiple driver issues [GB Aorus z390 Pro WiFi]

ygli

Honorable
Jan 9, 2018
Hey :)

I just finished building this system (with a Gigabyte Aorus z390 Pro WiFi MoBo) and installing Windows 8.1 which I got from MS Volume Licensing Center through TechSoup. It is my first build and it took me a few hours but everything seems to be running fine for the most part excepting a few (thankfully minor) issues.

In Device Manager:
  1. The Generic Bluetooth Adapter has the message: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"
  2. The following devices all have the message: "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)"
Network Controller
PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller
PCI Device
PCI Simple Communications Controller
SM Bus Controller
Unknown Device

• I tried updating the drivers through Device Manager and it just froze. (I had to close the Device Manager through Task List)
  • I tried uninstalling all the devices and then reinstalling and the errors all remain.
  • I tried the sfc/scannow command prompt and it found no errors
  • I ran the Windows troubleshooter which picked up all the issues, it officially tried to install all those missing driver and to repair the error 43 with the bluetooth adapter but they are all still as they were with the same issues.

Any suggestions about how these might be resolved?

Solution
UPDATE:
I updated to Windows 10 which thankfully solved all the issues.
When updating to Windows 10 I was warned by the updater that my GTX 1060 is not compatible with Windows 10, I installed and then updated to the most recent version using Windows updater and thankfully everything seems to be in perfect working order now.

ygli

Honorable
Jan 9, 2018
UPDATE:
I updated to Windows 10 which thankfully solved all the issues.
When updating to Windows 10 I was warned by the updater that my GTX 1060 is not compatible with Windows 10, I installed and then updated to the most recent version using Windows updater and thankfully everything seems to be in perfect working order now.

Solution