Bluetooth headphone audio and video stutter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2018
I've got a pair of PXC 550 headphones that I'm connecting to my computer via bluetooth, however after about 30-40 minutes of use I will usually start getting audio stuttering, the experience is best described as watching a youtube video at 0.25 speed with a half second pause for every second of audio playback. Very rarely this will start happening in the middle of a video, most of the time it'll start when I pause the audio on my computer and then when I unpause it the stutters will begin.

This issue doesn't just affect audio, any video (in browser or in application such as media player) will also slow down and stutter heavily. The only way to reliably fix this issue has been to turn the headphones off and on again.

I have the latest drivers for my bluetooth card (Asus PCE-AC55BT AC1200) and I don't seem to experience this problem with another other device I pair my headphones with (ipod, smartphone) just the computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Solution
I had an issue like this a while back. Find the reset button on your headphones and hold that in. Also, you need to turn off hands-free telemetry as that affects the quality of sound of Bluetooth headsets in Windows. This will turn off the ability to use your mic through bluetooth on your Windows PC but after reading around in some forums, apparently we don't have a choice for now.
I had an issue like this a while back. Find the reset button on your headphones and hold that in. Also, you need to turn off hands-free telemetry as that affects the quality of sound of Bluetooth headsets in Windows. This will turn off the ability to use your mic through bluetooth on your Windows PC but after reading around in some forums, apparently we don't have a choice for now.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS