Question Bluetooth Headphones Have No Drivers?

Mar 2, 2019
Hi, I just bought the Riff Wireless headphones by Skullcandy today and I was hoping to also be able to use them on my computer so I bought a Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter by Isignia. However, while the headphones do connect to the computer they do not have drivers. I looked for drivers for them on the site and have failed to find any, I was wondering if there happens to be any generic drivers I could simply throw on these to make them work? I have no idea what info is needed so I'm just gonna throw down some specs below, if you need anything else just ask! Thanks in advance!

My Computer
Operating System

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30GHz
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Alienware 08PG26 (CPU 1) 28 °C
Graphics
DELL SE2417HG (1920x1080@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics (Dell)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (PNY)
ForceWare version: 391.35
SLI Disabled
Storage
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EALX-759BA1 SCSI Disk Device (SATA )
Optical Drives
PLDS DVD+-RW DL-8A4SH SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

Riff Wireless Headphones
https://www.skullcandy.com/shop/headphones/bluetooth-headphones/riff-wireless
Sound Pressure Level (1mW @ 1KHz pink noise): 98dB
Connection Type: Bluetooth® 4.1 or Wired
Impedence: 32 ohms
Driver Diameter: 40mm
Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20KHz
Total Harmonic Distortion: <1% (1mW/500Hz)
Headphone Type: On-Ear

Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter
https://www.insigniaproducts.com/pdp/NS-PCY5BMA2/4884001
Honestly, it just says it's universally compatible I don't know what else you'd really need out of it but I'm just including this in case you'd need it

No driver is needed. the BT specification contain pre-defined device types, just like a USB kbd/Mouse, no driver.

Once you paired, u may have to go into PC sound panel to tell it NOW CHANGE SOUND OUTPUT TO MY HEADPHONE DEVICE. Ya, in a perfect world this should be automatic but oh well.

I hope you are not expecting dual pkrs/headphones output, 'cuz I have no idea how to do that.

Mar 2, 2019
I've paired it with the computer the issue lies in the fact that it's not even listed as an audio device. I'm assuming its due to drivers cause in device manager it has three "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" that can't be updated

Mar 2, 2019
Yeah, I've already attempted doing so. I have a customer support request already in but I was just curious if there were any generic Bluetooth headset driver I could attempt to use. Well thanks for trying man, hope I figure it out heh!

Mar 2, 2019
Well actually Bluetooth 4.1 is fully backwards compatible with earlier versions, also, the drivers for installing the Insignia USB is not needed because they are not the problem. I can look under device manager and see that the drivers for the Insignia USB are working perfectly fine. The missing Bluetooth peripheral devices are linked to the headset, further proof being if I uninstall the headset they disappear and if I reinstall the headset they reappear.

I'll probably just have to wait to see if support has drivers for the headphones. I was just hoping someone here on this forum might know of any Generic drivers I could simply use because I could not find any such indication of them online.